Philipp von Randow is the CEO and co-founder of InvoiceAuction B2B GmbH, a revolutionary B2B auction platform for invoice discounting. Dr. v. Randow is also retired partner of Latham & Watkins LLP, a global law firm providing high-end legal advice in complex business transactions. He was resident in the firm's Frankfurt office. In the past years he was chair of the firm’s Middle East Finance Department in Riyadh, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha and resident in the firm's Middle East offices. He focused on the representation of banks and corporations on debt financings and out-of-court restructurings as well as insolvency law. Philipp von Randow is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on negotiation techniques, restructuring issues and on the design of financial covenants. Furthermore, Dr. von Randow has served as an advisor to the German Ministry of Justice on the modernization of bondholder law. Prior to joining Latham & Watkins LLP, he headed the banking practice of one of the largest independent law firms in Germany. He lectured on corporate and finance law at the Universities of Osnabrück and Hamburg. Philipp von Randow served also as a John M. Olin Visiting Scholar at Harvard Law School from 1990 to 1992.
- State of Qatar as issuer of its $ 10.0 billion Sovereign Bonds 2009
- Qatar regulators and financial institutions on the introduction of new regulatory mechanisms and products
- Bayer AG in its issue of € 2.3 billion Subordinated Mandatory Convertible Bonds due 2009
- Norddeutsche Landesbank (NORD/LB) as arranger and the dealer group in the structuring and negotiation of NORD/LB's €25 billion MTN-programs
- Arrangers, lenders, as well as senior lender committees in restructurings of major German automotive suppliers and other companies.
Specialties: Philipp von Randow's expertise comprises financial covenants, credit agreements, and bonds; out-of-court restructurings
His interests comprise negotiation tools and tactics.