- Advising various blue chip clients from the sports, luxury goods, telecommunications and pharmaceutical industries with regard to anti-counterfeiting activities, including national and EC-wide customs filings as well as related (cross-border) litigation
- Representing various blue chip clients from the sports, luxury goods and telecommunications industries in complex civil litigation regarding the infringement of their trademarks and industrial designs
- Defending various blue chip clients from the sports and telecommunications industries as respondents in complex cross-border civil litigation regarding alleged trademark infringement
- Managed to secure a landmark decision from the German Federal Supreme Court (I ZR 52/10– Converse I) shifting the burden of prove for authenticity and exhaustion in a case based on the sale of counterfeit product on the infringer
- Secured significant wins for a blue chip client in a series of litigation pending against one of
- Germany’s largest retail chains clarifying the scope of secondary infringement claims (e.g. information, surrender of remaining stock for destruction, damages)
- Secured a judgment from the Duesseldorf District Court (2a O 402/10) for a blue chip client amongst others authorizing our client to publish the decision in a ½ page advertisement in one of Germany‘s leading newspapers at the costs of the infringer.
- Chambers Global 2013 mentioned him as "Leader in their Field" in Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Unfair Competition (Germany).
- Daniel Marschollek is recommended in JUVE German Commercial Law Firms Handbook for trademark and unfair competition law since 2003 and praised by clients for ‘sophisticated and constructive advice in complex matters’. In the 2012/2013 edition of JUVE German Commercial Law Firms Handbook Daniel has been acknowledged for his “dependability, accessibility and his assertiveness” by a client.
- Dentons (formerly Salans) LLP (2010 to date)
- Mayer Brown LLP (2002-2010, partner since 2005)
- Holler Marschollek Rechtsanwälte (2001)
Daniel Marschollek is a partner in Dentons’ Frankfurt office. He has a diverse intellectual property practice that focuses on trademark / industrial design / patent litigation as well as on trademark / industrial design prosecution, with special emphasis on clients in the sports, luxury goods and telecommunications industries.
Prior and Present Employment